PLAY, CREATE, FIGHT!
|Voiced By||None (spoken for by the LBP Narrator)|
|Appears in||PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale|
SACKBOY AND ADVENTURE GO TOGETHER LIKE ICE CREAM AND WASPS. INSEPARABLE. UNPREDICTABLE.
A small creature made of fabric, and imbued with the power to create, Sackboy inhabits the world of LittleBigPlanet. Using his mysterious PopIt, Sackboy can imagine objects into being, which aid him in any dangerous situation. Able to reshape the environment around him, Sackboy can present enemies with an ever-shifting array of obstacles to deal with, while forcing them to dodge his Cakinator and Grabinator attacks. Who doesn't love a kick-butt plushie?
THE LEGACY OF SACKBOY:
- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- LittleBigPlanet 2
- Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves
- LittleBigPlanet Karting
- LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
Sackboy is doing some more creative work on LittleBigPlanet after he kicked the Negativitron out. He then learned that other worlds are in pain due to chaos, destruction and strife. Deciding that these worlds would need his creative help, Sackboy heads out into the outer worlds.
- "If you were to say your Myogenic Cardiovascular Organ was found in your chest you'd be technically right, but spiritually wrong. Whether it's a welcoming palace or home sweet hovel, your home is where your heart is. Consider Sackboy. His home is LittleBigPlanet, the ever expanding ethereal dreamscape of endless possibilities. Even the invading Negativitron couldn't persuade the diminutive creature of cloth to forego his crafted world. Indeed, it was he who kicked their bottoms out, and returned LittleBigPlanet to its former glory. And it's no wonder: he's a LittleBigPlanetian, for goodness' sake. We live to create and create to live. To hear of worlds where destruction outpaces creation is like nails on a chalkboard. Wounding to the soul. If these worlds crying out for his special brand of creativity exist, Sackboy must search them out. What wonders will he find, reshape and make so much better? We can only dream."
Name: Big Daddy
Reason: Sackboy was moving along until he saw Big Daddy and Little Sister behind him. He was startled when Little Sister asked Big Daddy to unzip him, but quickly cheered up when she had a change of heart. He set up a hopscotch board for Little Sister to play on. Little Sister decided she liked Sackboy more, enraging Big Daddy, who charged to attack. Sackboy prepared himself for battle.
Connection: Both BioShock and LittleBigPlanet place emphasis on the player's choices, moral and ethical choices for BioShock, and level and character designs for LBP. Big Daddy and Sackboy also come in many different varieties. Both also cannot talk and have someone else talk for them: Andrew Ryan for Big Daddy, and Stephen Fry for Sackboy. Their designs also take inspiration from Shane Acker's award winning 2005 short film 9.
(Sackboy moves along until he sees Big Daddy.)
Little Sister: Unzip him, Mr. B! Unzip him!
(Sackboy becomes sad.)
Little Sister: Aww! Look, it's a fresh one Mr. B! Hey look! I like him! So ready to unstuff!
(Sackboy becomes happy and opens his Pop-It, makes a hopsotch board appear, and closes his Pop-It.)
Little Sister: Challenge! Challenge! Only one will win. Right, Mr. B? One, two, found an old shoe. Three, four, never darken my door. He's full of cuddles, Mr. B! Can I have him!
(Big Daddy moans.)
Little Sister: He's my new friend! I don't care what you say! Mine! Mine!
(Sackboy gets angry at Big Daddy, who gets enraged. The two of them get ready to battle each other.)
Sackboy returns after his long journey and is once again creating LittleBigPlanet with the power he used after defeating Polygon Man. The reason why he did it (the Narrator explains) was to allow us to continue creating new worlds and we are his reward. As long as we keep giving, he keeps on smiling.
- "Aah, like a blissful memory of a wonderful dream, our little Sack chum returns. Hope he's brought us a pressie. Of course he has. It's the stuff of dreams. The elixir of life. The primordial soul of free thinking. And if we want to exchange this gift for socks, I'll bet he's got the receipt, too. And what's in all this for him? Sackboy ventures to worlds troubled by chaos and strife returning with the building blocks of pure imagination so that we can play with them and fashion them into new worlds. So where's his glittering prize? We are his reward. Sackboy's heart is filled with contentment when a LittleBigPlanetian creates and shares. As long as we keep on making and giving, he keeps on smiling. After all, what was it we said at the start of this journey? Oh yes, something about hearts and homes. And isn't LittleBigPlanet your home away from home? Sackboy has shown us, once again, you're always welcome home."
Quotes and TauntsEdit
- Let's Just Play: Puts down a bounce pad, and poses as he bounces on it.
- Let's Bounce: Sackboy takes out a jam ball, bounces on it until it breaks, then gets back on his feet.
- You Tricked Me: Sackboy opens his popit, looks around, and gets hit by a boxing glove stickers.
- When Selected (Sound Clips from LittleBigPlanet)
- Open up Pop-It Menu
- Exits the Respawn Gate
- Exits Pop-It Menu
- Back to Pop-It Menu
- Using Super Attacks (via Narrator)
- "I believe the phrase "OMG" will be much an evidence when people see this. Amazing!"
- "What in the blue blazes is Sackboy blunting into now? Oh my."
- "Hahaha! Something special is brewing!"
- "Sackboy and adventure go together like ice cream and wasps. Inseparable. Unpredictable."
- "Now THAT is how a LittleBigPlanetian parties. Shine on, you crazy sack."
- "Ha! Look who it is! Best put on some shades. Sackboy is about to dazzle."
- "A moment of glory captured in the amber of our minds."
- "You are the lightbulb that has brought glorious light to our darkened days."
- "Sackboy is no stranger to building brave new worlds. Dab hand at it that bad."
- "What you've built here today will be remembered long after this sentence has ended."
- "Ohh! A wonder of light radiating from all corners. Bliss!"
- "Cop a retina of two or that! Such creativity!"
Intros and OutrosEdit
Look Out: Flies in wearing a jetpack then lands on his bottom and smiles
Here I Am: Sackboy exits a respawn checkpoint.
I See You: Sackboy comes out from behind his Pop-It.
I Like to Boogie: Jumps in and starts dancing.
Rock On: Sackboy grins while sticking out his tongue and holds his fingers in a "lepoard" sign.
Blue Ribbon Winner: Sackboy jumps up in joy as a blue ribbon that reads "1st Place" appears.
Victory Lap: Sackboy flies upward with his jetpack, turns to the camera, and reaches out happily.
You Funny: Sackboy sticks his tongue out and stumbles forward.
- If using Rock On: Sackboy becomes angry and pops.
- If using Blue Ribbon Winner: A block of material falls on Sackboy
- If using Victory Lap: Sackboy stands crying.
- If using You Funny: Sackboy raises his arm, looking annoyed.
Sticker Collector (unlocked at rank 4)
Bubble Burst (unlocked at rank 45)
Sackboy's default costume of an unedited, "blank" appearance.
The female version of the default Sackperson character. The costume is part of the pre-order costume pack.
The Skeleton skin from LBP, unlocked at Level 10.
- Default: White skeleton
- Blue skeleton
- Pink Skeleton
- Orange skeleton
An wrestling unitard and helmet, available as downloadable content.
- Default: White skin, blue unitard
- Blue skin, red unitard
- Orange skin, blue unitard
- Yellow skin, green unitard
- Sackboy and Big Daddy are the only characters who lack a true voice actor.
- Sackboy, Ratchet & Clank, and Jak and Daxter are the only three characters whose stages (Dreamscape, Metropolis, and Sandover Village) were revealed before they were released.
- Sackboy is one of six launch characters who recieved a fourth costume through DLC, the other five being PaRappa, Fat Princess, Nathan Drake, Sly Cooper, and Kratos.
- Sackboy was one of the many first-party characters to make a live-action appearance in the Long Live Play commercial. Due to his size, however, Sackboy was filmed via stop-motion animation, rather than being given an actor or being rendered in CGI.
- Many of the playable PlayStation All-Stars characters and even PlayStation spokesman Kevin Butler, have appeared as alternative skins for Sackboy in the LittleBigPlanet series along with countless others.
- One of his losing animations has him pop and shatter to pieces like in his games.
- Sackboy is often considered the mascot of the PS3 console, alongside Kratos and Nathan Drake.
- Sackboy appears significantly larger in the game, around the same size as Toro and PaRappa, whereas in the LittleBigPlanet series, he and other Sack people are roughly about 8 centimeters tall.
- Sackboy's Pop-it is different from the LittleBigPlanet series. This was done to integrate it in a fighting game.
- The icons of Sackboy's Pop-it in this game: Air Shooter (Fan), Electric Panel (Circuit Board), Checkpoint, Forward Throw (Glove), Down Throw (Anvil), Up Throw (Spider Web), Level 1 (Outfit), Level 2 (Fire), Level 3 (Bubbles)
- Sackboy's Level 3 is similar to Raiden's Level 3, as both of them trap the other players and they have to find them.
- The Score/Prize Bubbles in LittleBigPlanet do not float in mid-air. They simply drop down like typical objects.
- Oddly enough, when Sackboy wears the Sackgirl costume, only his pupils will blink. This may just be because of the animation of his default model.
- Sackboy is the first character to get a nerf via patch.
- In the game's opening, his zipper glows.
- This marks the first time Sackboy appears in a T-rated game.
- Sackboy can be seen in a Parappa costume during his level 1 even though there is currently not yet a Parappa costume in LittleBigPlanet.
- Sackboy's background in the Main Menu are Score Bubbles.
- Sackboy's design was inspired by Shane Acker's 2005 short film 9 and 2009 film 9.
- It's possible that Sackboy's goal was to not only to convince the other worlds that creativity is better than destruction, but to make new friends along the way. He especially wanted to be friends with Little Sister and Big Daddy.
- He's one of the characters that doesn't hold a grudge against others, the others being Toro.
- Sackboy has also appeared in Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, ModNation Racers and Invizimals: Shadow Zone as a playable character.